- This event has passed.
Bike Maintenance Class: Women’s Gears
4 May :6:30 pm - 8:30 pm£10.00
Our women’s only demystifying gears course will enable you to get your gears in good working order with the right alignment. It will also look at the drivetrain (system which powers your wheels) as it works together with the gearing system. This means no excessive chain wear and getting rid of any gear clicking for a smooth ride! The evening is designed for people with little or no knowledge of adjusting gears and will ensure that participants leave with the confidence adjust common gearing problems on their bike. There is plenty of time for practice and the maximum group size is four with our Bike Revolution mechanics on hand to help out and answer questions as they come up.
Date: 4th May
Time: 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Venue: Outfit Moray
Cost: £10 per person.
This bike maintenance class is part of our ‘Get Pedalling’ project which is funded by Smarter Choices Smarter Places, a Paths for All’s programme to increase active and sustainable travel throughout Scotland. The programme is grant-funded by Transport Scotland.
- Chain maintenance (cleaning and lubrication)
- Removing a chain and cassette/freewheel
- Principles of adjusting and setting up front and rear derailleur indexing
- What to do when your chain snaps (power links)
- The use of workshop tools and equipment, you just need to bring your bike.
- Bikes can be provided if necessary.
- Under 16’s welcome but must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian.
- Accompanying adults don’t need to book as you and the child can work on the one bike, or you can observe.
- If you want to work alongside your child with your own bike, you will need to book a place.
Bespoke One-to-One Training As well as our scheduled courses, we can provide offer one-to-one (or two-to-one) bike maintenance training on request if you want some great tips on maintaining your own bike whilst out and about. Email us for more information
Attendance will be consistent with the advice from the Scottish Government regarding COVID-19 Any participants or household members MUST NOT be displaying any known COVID-19 symptoms. Outfit Moray will follow Scottish Government guidelines to ensure the risk of community transmission of COVID-19 is as low as reasonably practical.